At Christian Sports Journal, everything we present comes from a biblical worldview. Here are seven key points to explain what that means:
1. Absolute moral truths do exist and they are clearly defined in the Bible.
“This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.” (John 3:19-21/NIV)
2. The Bible is accurate in all of its teachings.
“The entirety of Your word is truth, and all Your righteous judgments endure forever.” (John 17:17/HCSB)
3. God created the universe and continues to rule it today. He is all powerful (Matthew 19:26), all knowing (1 John 3:20), and everywhere (Psalm 139:7-12).
“Have you never heard? Have you never understood? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth. He never grows weak or weary. No one can measure the depths of his understanding.” (Isaiah 40:28/NLT)
4. Jesus Christ lived a sinless life during His ministry on earth.
“Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin.” (Hebrews 4:14-15/NIV)
5. Salvation through the shed blood of Jesus is a gift from God. Salvation is the only way to Heaven (John 14:6). It cannot be earned through good works or behavior, but rather by faith and in an act of repentance.
“This righteousness is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.” (Romans 3:22-26/NIV)
6. Satan (the Devil) is a real and present entity who seeks to separate man from God.
“Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.” (1 Peter 5:8/NLT)
7. Christians have an obligation to share the Gospel (the Good News and the Bad News) with the unsaved.
“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20/NLT)
*Taken from The Seven C’s of Leadership by Mike Jarvis and Chad Bonham.